Grower Group Requirements
- Good labor source
- Hemp requires as much labor as a tobacco or vegetable crop. Therefore, it is critical that you have a ready and willing labor force available to work in your crop in a timely manner. H2A labor is extremely beneficial.
- Equipment to plant, cultivate, and harvest
- Growers will need tractors, either a precision planter or tobacco/water-wheel setter, cultivators, wagons, barns, and potentially greenhouses
- Facilities to dry and strip the crop
- Growers must have the ability to dry their crop without damaging CBD content. The crop must also be stripped free from stalk and be relatively from all stem materials.
- Minimum of 5 acres to be committed to hemp production.
- Atalo focuses on scalability of acreage. We prefer growers who have the ability to scale up each year.